How did I get Here???

So...............

After working for 34 years in HR for a regional food manufacturer, I have finally retired.


For what seemed like forever, I left for work every day at 6 AM.  That meant waking up at 4:30 AM.  That also meant going to bed at 8:30 PM.  It had been YEARS since I had seen any prime time television!
Not surprisingly, it has not been a problem learning to sleep in.
6:30 AM seems devilishly luxurious.

Thinking about retirement has been a way of life for so long!  The anticipation of the wonders of being the master of my own destiny seemed always just out of reach.  But finally that golden day arrived, and despite the fact that I will have no money, I am determined to make the most of my newly attained freedom.

The no money part is a bit of a problem, though.  Strange how quickly it becomes oh so clear that money was the reason for going to work every day, and that a social security check once a month is no substitute for a weekly paycheck.  But I shall not despair, for I have a PLAN. 

Stay tuned for more..............


Comments